• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hey dude, where's my car?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tanman

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma
I took my classic 68 gto to a auto body friend of mine back 4 years ago. he was to do a complete body off restoration.It was to be completed within 6 mo. no progress has been done to date although every time i contacted him i was next in line. now i have confronted him about returning it back, but he has'nt the time. this has been going on for the past 8 mo. now i need to take legal action, what should i do? and i know, 4 years.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tanman said:
What is the name of your state? Oklahoma
I took my classic 68 gto to a auto body friend of mine back 4 years ago. he was to do a complete body off restoration.It was to be completed within 6 mo. no progress has been done to date although every time i contacted him i was next in line. now i have confronted him about returning it back, but he has'nt the time. this has been going on for the past 8 mo. now i need to take legal action, what should i do? and i know, 4 years.

My response:

What is stopping you from hiring a tow truck, and going to get it?

IAAL

T

tanman

well then i should also say then as i referred to him as a "friend", i also helped him to build his body shop after i took the car to him. he and i had a fallen out with one another shortly after i began the constuction of the bldg. i believe he has held a grudge for me ever since.all the while up to this point,he has led me to believe he was working on the car at another location, his parents property. i have recently confronted him about recovery, and he told me no problem come by.well, no luck.i confronted him again and told him he had given me no choice but to take him to court over it.now this is where he brought up this "grudge" for me.he mentioned he would sue me over some "cracks" in his building's floor and walls, if i should i take action against him.now i have all the patience in the world and given him every oppurtunity to comply, but now i want back what's mine.after 4 yrs of being led on he has had ample time to ,either have completed the restoration, or due the right thing, and say hey,i can't complete the car, come and pick it up,which he has done niether. and oh yeah his father in- law is a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">