• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Officially create officers in an S-Corp?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

Xafloc

What is the name of your state? WI

I've created an S-Corporation, with myself as the sole agent.

However, I am now adding another person to the corporation, and would like to have him officially the CEO of the organization.

Is there any special documentation that needs to be done to make this official? If so, do I need my lawyer to draft something up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Darren

JETX

What you are doing is a very common issue in corporations. And as an officer of a corporation, you are OBLIGATED to know how it is done. Your lack of knowledge is both telling and scary, and portends a likely unhappy future for the 'corporation'.

Go out RIGHT NOW and get the following books, read them and understand them:

"How to Form a Corporation LLC or Partnership in Wisconsin"
W. Dean Brown
Paperback, April 2000

"How to Incorporate and Start a Business in Wisconsin: A Simple 6-Part Program"
J.W. Dicks, Franklin Mount
Paperback, June 1998

"SmartStart Your Wisconsin Business"
Oasis Press Editors
Paperback - 1 ED, June 1998

X

Xafloc

Thanks for the tip

Thanks for the tips, and I understand your concern.

However, there are reasons why I don't know this information, which I cannot legally share at this time. At the end of the day, I won't necessarily be the one that would be making these decisions. I'm "holding" the company at this point.

JETX

"However, there are reasons why I don't know this information, which I cannot legally share at this time."
*** Doesn't matter. As the registered agent for service for this 'corporation', you could be held LEGALLY liable.
As such, it is IMPERATIVE that you know what you are doing and what your LEGAL obligations are.

"At the end of the day, I won't necessarily be the one that would be making these decisions. I'm "holding" the company at this point."
*** And if the circumstances arise, how would you explain that to a court??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">