• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online Game Ultima Online

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MeganW

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Hey,
I just wanted to know if this sounded right to anyone.
I've been playing this online game called Ultima Online for 4years paying 15 a month for it. Well I just Recently got banned from it permamently for saying the "N" word, they are calling it a critical violation to their rules of conduct. They sent me an email showing what was said, which was

Critical Violation:

Character: LaylaWorld: lake Superior

(Sat Dec 20 21:34:09 GMT 2003)(Layla): I got banned
(Sat Dec 20 21:34:14 GMT 2003)(Layla): for 72 hours
(Sat Dec 20 21:34:19 GMT 2003)(Layla) saying ******

But when I read threw their rules it doesn't state anything about just saying the word, it only states that its bannable if it is used towards another player., which it wasn't, They also have swear filters other players can use. So I was wondering if there was a way I could maybe get a refund for all those years of playing or maybe my account back?

JETX

"So I was wondering if there was a way I could maybe get a refund for all those years of playing"
*** No.

"or maybe my account back?"
*** That would depend entirely on the 'powers' that control the online game. They 'own' the site and game, they make and enforce the rules.

M

MeganW

Game

So, theres nothing I can do about it?

I know its just a stupid game, but I've put alot of my time into it, not to mention 15 a month adds up.

Also they are banning me for something that isn't in their rules.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Re: Game

MeganW said:
So, theres nothing I can do about it?

I know its just a stupid game, but I've put alot of my time into it, not to mention 15 a month adds up.

**A: it's not a stupid game. You're the one that's stupid making fun of Afro-Americans. If you were not so ignorant, you would know that without the chosen people, America would not be what it is today. Praise the Lord. Amen Brother.
Also they are banning me for something that isn't in their rules.

**A: they can ban you for being butt ugly and stupid.

JETX

"I know its just a stupid game, but I've put alot of my time into it, not to mention 15 a month adds up."
*** Yep, and you have received the 'benefit' of your months of playing.

"Also they are banning me for something that isn't in their rules."
*** It doesn't have to be in their 'rules'. They own the site, they allow access, they can say who can play on THEIR playground or not.

However, lets interject a little dose of reality here. Lets say that they are legally wrong in their actions. What are you prepared to do??
- Are you prepared to spend several hundred dollars hiring an attorney to send them a "let me play" letter?
- Then, if they still refuse (and they will), are you willing to spend several THOUSAND dollars to an attorney to bring legal action against them??
- And even if you are willing to do that, are you willing to wait the two YEARS or so for your case to come to trial??
- And finally, are you willing to accept the risk of paying their TENS of THOUSANDS of dollars in their legal fees, if you were to lose your case (likely)??

Of course you are not willing (or able) to take those risks.

Why not just re-register under a different name?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">