• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collecting Small Claims Judgement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SammyXp

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

I won a small claim at the Rusk County, TX Justice of Peace early this year. (I live in MS, though) The defendant has not made any attempt to pay or contact me to arrange for payment. Furthermore, he has moved and my contact information for him has expired.
I filed for an Abstract of Judgement in June and that still has not encouraged him to step forward and pay me.
The claim was for automotive parts that I never recieved for which I mailed him a check in the amount of nearly $1700. I have tried the Better Business Bureau, Internet Fraud Complaint Center (division of the FBI), Texas Attorney General, District Attorney, and even the US Postal Service since I mailed the check. No one had been able to help me.

What can I do? I am not the only one that this guy has ripped off. Over a dozen other members of a Mustang message board (www.stangnet.com) have also sent money to this guy and recieved nothing in return. Is it really this easy to rip people off and get away with it? To my knowledge, not a single person has collected a refund from this guy. I am actually the only one that has filed in small claims court.

Thanks in advance!

JETX

"File a copy of Judment w/ all 3 Credit reporting agencies.."
** The CRA's will not take credit data unless presented by own of their subscribers.

"What can I do?"
*** Contact me off forum. Email sent to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">