• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Truck owned by me... Want to reg/insure it under company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PJcampo

What is the name of your state? NEW JERSEY

I am financing a truck under my personal name. I was not thinking I would be using it for business use at the time I purchased it. Now, however, I would like to.

I also got a very good deal on it and a very nice finance rate locked for 60 months.

I would essentially like to put it in my company's name so that whatever is done with the vehicle, only my company is held liable... but I'm not sure that is easy. Can I just reg/insure it under my company's name and be OK? Can I lease it to my company or something?

If possible, I don't want to go through the hassle of selling it to my company where I have to go apply for another loan... and possibly pay more taxes? and whatever else I might be forgetting.

As of right now, it is NOT registered (60 day temp tag gives me some time to figure this out) and it is insured under myself. But again, the finance agreement is in my personal name.

I have not been doing any commercial work with it yet so I'm safe....

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">