• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors lowered junk lowers houses value

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Marcus710

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My neighbors keep thier yard pretty nasty. They have about 11 junk cars in the driveway and yard refriderators (sp) you name it they got it. to get to the point my house nor are my other neighbors houses are like that. The county will not anything do about it (Gwinnett). So it is safe to assume that thier house brings down the value of my house so I was wondering if I could sue them for the amount they lowered my house just to get them to clean up.

We called the police they gave them alot of tickets for thier cars being in the street thats what lead them to being pushed in the yard.

M

Marcus710

Sorry for the subject name mess up its 3 am and im tired

H

hexeliebe

so I was wondering if I could sue them for the amount they lowered my house just to get them to clean up.
Of course you can. but you won't win.

We called the police they gave them alot of tickets for thier cars being in the street thats what lead them to being pushed in the yard.
Then your next call is to the county health department then to the county zoning commission. In other words, keep on these junk dealers until they get the message.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

YOU KNOW YOU'RE TRAILER TRASH WHEN . . .

1. The Blue Book value of your truck goes up and down depending on how much gas is in it.

2. You let your 12-year-old daughter smoke at the dinner table in front of her kids.

3. You've been married three times and still have the same in- laws.

4. You think a woman who is "out of your league" bowls on a different night.

5. You wonder how service stations keep their restrooms so clean.

6. Anyone in your family ever died right after saying, "Hey, guys, watch this."

7. You think Dom Perignon is a Mafia leader.

8. Your wife's hairdo was once ruined by a ceiling fan.

9. Your junior prom offered day care.

10. You think the last words of the "Star-Spangled Banner" are "Gentlemen, start your engines."

11. You lit a match in the bathroom and your house exploded right off its wheels.

12. The Halloween pumpkin on your porch has more teeth than your spouse.

13. You have to go outside to get something from the fridge.

14. One of your kids was born on a pool table.

15. You need one more hole punched in your card to get a freebie at the House of Tattoos.

16. You can't get married to your sweetheart because there's a law against it.

17. You think loading the dishwasher means getting your wife drunk.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dequeendistress said:
That was one of the best "top tens" yet...of course it maybe due to the fact that I can relate to it...

My response:

First of all, it has 17 entries. Second, I didn't write it - - I merely copied and pasted it. You'll notice that it's not in my "style".

IAAL

dequeendistress

oops!

I still find it funny!

Of course my mistake only proves the truth in my statement that I could relate!

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Marcus710 said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

My neighbors keep thier yard pretty nasty. They have about 11 junk cars in the driveway and yard refriderators (sp) you name it they got it. to get to the point my house nor are my other neighbors houses are like that. The county will not anything do about it (Gwinnett). So it is safe to assume that thier house brings down the value of my house so I was wondering if I could sue them for the amount they lowered my house just to get them to clean up.

**A: this is just one example of why some people prefer to live in neighborhoods with a HOA and CC&R's.

H

hexeliebe

Not on your life Homie :D

I prefer being the poor child in my neighborhood....

We're the only ones without a polo field or landing strip....

:D

HomeGuru

hexeliebe said:
Not on your life Homie :D

I prefer being the poor child in my neighborhood....

We're the only ones without a polo field or landing strip....

:D
**A: ok, for you hexy, I make exception.

JETX

"I was wondering if I could sue them for the amount they lowered my house just to get them to clean up."
*** Of course you can sue them. After all, anyone can sue almost anyone else over almost anything. However, since their conduct (apparently) is not in violation of any laws, HOA rules or CC&R's, and you haven't been directly damaged, and couldn't prove those damages anyway, you have no case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">