• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Can I do???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Huru

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

Some friends and I play cards and games at a comic book anf gaming store. We needed a table. So I went out and purchased all the materials to make a nice solid table. It cost a bit over 100 dollars. Well, when the owner of the store got taxed on the table because it helps him make money. Now due to a misunderstanding we do not hang out there. I want my table back. However, the owner will not give it back unless we pay him for the taxes on it. He feels it is his table now. What can I do?

JETX

Racer is correct. Unless you had some prior WRITTEN agreement as to the ownership of the table, you simply have no demand for it now.

Granted, you could consider filing a small claims action against the owner (if you are not a minor), but that would very likely not be worth the cost and 'ordeal'.

Learn from this and move on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">