• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Franchise Contract Language Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kdberg

FLORIDA - I am negotiating an addendum to a Franchise Agreement and am a bit confused. The first sentence of the addendum (as supplied by the franchisor's lawyer) reads:

"Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Franchise Agreement, the parties hereby agree as follows:"

I requested a modification to:

"The parties hereby agree to the following modifications to the Franchise Agreement:"

which was rejected by the franchisor's lawyer. What I am confused about is that the prupose of the addendum is to override language in the Franchise Agreement. Yet, the wording they are proposing seems to me to state that the Franchise Agreement supersedes that addendum. As I wrong?

HomeGuru

kdberg said:
FLORIDA - I am negotiating an addendum to a Franchise Agreement and am a bit confused. The first sentence of the addendum (as supplied by the franchisor's lawyer) reads:

"Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Franchise Agreement, the parties hereby agree as follows:"

I requested a modification to:

"The parties hereby agree to the following modifications to the Franchise Agreement:"

which was rejected by the franchisor's lawyer. What I am confused about is that the prupose of the addendum is to override language in the Franchise Agreement. Yet, the wording they are proposing seems to me to state that the Franchise Agreement supersedes that addendum. As I wrong?
**A: yes you are wrong to not hire your own attorney when dealing in this type of business venture.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">