• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I need an attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jmh

What is the name of your state? Pa
I hired a contractor to renovations in my home in the fall of 2001. The contractor never got a permit to do the work. He installed water pipes for the laundry room/powder room. He installed them under the floor and in the winter of 2002, the pipes burst. He also installed a new bath tub and a new tub surround in my upstairs bathroom, the surround is coming off of the wall and has seperated at the seems. I made him aware of the situations but he wouldn't agree to fix the problems. I have filed a claim in small claims court. I took pictures of the tub surround but am unable to get pictures of the pipes. I do have a estimate from a plumber for the cost of repairing the pipes and I also have a copy of the estimate. The contractor has hired a lawyer. I don't have the finances to hire a attorney, will I be ok without hiring a attorney? Will I be ok with pictures and a estimate? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance: Jane

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">