• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Running 2 businesses, same services

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MikeeX

Im located in CA. I currently help run a we b hosting company and have a partnership setup. The company targets one niche market.

My question is. I want to start another hosting company, but target a completely differenet niche market. Is this possible? Can I setup another company, do I need to get another EIN? (the company i have now is under an EIN that matches my SSN)

Any advice would be grealy appreciated.

JETX

As long as this is YOUR company, you can enter into any or as many 'market niches' as you think is appropriate. Why would you think that there were any restrictions?

M

MikeeX

Yes the company I'm speaking of with the partnership is my company. But, I wasn't sure if I was able to create a completely differnet company name, bank acct, etc. Can one person have like 5 differnet companies under their name?

Thanks Jet!

HomeGuru

MikeeX said:
Yes the company I'm speaking of with the partnership is my company. But, I wasn't sure if I was able to create a completely differnet company name, bank acct, etc. Can one person have like 5 differnet companies under their name?

**A: yes. For example Donald Trunp, Bill Gates, Michael Jackson.........

M

MikeeX

Thank you guys. I appreciate your time. I just want sure how to go about all this.

Appreciate it.

H

hexeliebe

I wouldn't say that too loudly in Texas Jet, it means a completely different thing in some of the bars I've been in in Dallas :D

H

hexeliebe

:D

It's the same as what Arkansas did to Missouri in the Independence Bowl :D:D:D:D

JETX

hexeliebe said:
I wouldn't say that too loudly in Texas Jet, it means a completely different thing in some of the bars I've been in in Dallas :D
Sorry, but I have never had the desire to enter THOSE types of bars. How was it??
:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">