• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Very Confused......Please respond

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sleepnbeautie

Queens, NY. i cashed my check the other day(at a local check cashier)and the cashier informed me that my old employer had given me a bad check in June 2003. The cashier took the amount of the check plus a bad check fee. they said they tried to take the employer to court for the money and that it was pending. i am confused cause the company went bankrupt in July 2003. what can i do? is that right that they took my money? they said they will be giving me the bounced check, but what do I do from their how do I get my money back????? If any one has anything to say on the matter that would be great...Thank You

BL

I don't know the Law on this,so it's just my opinion.

They told you they have a case "pending" against your X Employer.

It would "appear" they had NO RIGHT keeping the money from a separate check plus bounced ck. fees.

Find out what governing agency oversees the check casking place, and make a Complaint w/ them.

Also inform the check cashing place, you believe they illegally kept your money, and you intend to do what's necessary to have the amounts returned to you .

They also said they would return the balanced ck. Why could not they have given it to you right then & there ?

HomeGuru

sleepnbeautie said:
Queens, NY. i cashed my check the other day(at a local check cashier)and the cashier informed me that my old employer had given me a bad check in June 2003. The cashier took the amount of the check plus a bad check fee. they said they tried to take the employer to court for the money and that it was pending. i am confused cause the company went bankrupt in July 2003. what can i do? is that right that they took my money? they said they will be giving me the bounced check, but what do I do from their how do I get my money back????? If any one has anything to say on the matter that would be great...Thank You
**A: why did you not take the check to the issuing bank or your bank and cash it?

S

sleepnbeautie

When i went in i gave them my check and they went through the usual process of checking the system believe me i gave hell they wouldnt give me back my check I got the name of the cashier and the manager so I did that much.....I dont have a bank account as of right now. I started as a temp in my new job and they are keeping me so I am waiting till I convert to perm to open up a bank account so that i can get the little deals they give you with their company....I asked them why cant they give me the bad check then and the person said that since it was a fri the couldnt get it their until Mon.

Also I was searching the web for Lawyer advice and this law firm contacted me and they want 24.99 a month to help me..Do you think that it is worth it???? i have no idea thank you very much for your respons

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">