• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Basic Beginnings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

WorriedSIL

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I am starting a business, and have the most basic of questions ...

What are the pros and cons of an LLC?
What is the downside of just doing business under my own name?
In my professional career, we did not sign contracts with every service vendor we had. However, I'm a much smaller entity assuming a greater risk with each individual client. How valid/worthwhile/protective are contracts?

H

hexeliebe

You're kidding right?

Those three questions could take a semester of Corporate law to digest and examine.

The best advice I can give you without spending thousands on attorney's for now, is to contact your nearest SBA office and sit down with one of their S.C.O.R.E. people.

Take advantage of their FREE experience.

W

WorriedSIL

Thank you. I'm not kidding, and I didn't know where to go to get started. I'm meeting with my attorney and accountant this week, but thought I needed to start somewhere!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">