• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Existing S-Corp for additional biz?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

melobrien75

Oregon - I currently have an s-corp in OR. It's a moving service for senior citizens (dba Golden Transitions). I am looking at getting involved in real estate investing, and was wondering if I could conduct this business through my current s-corp.

If this is possible, what would it entail doing?

Thank you for your comments.

HomeGuru

melobrien75 said:
Oregon - I currently have an s-corp in OR. It's a moving service for senior citizens (dba Golden Transitions). I am looking at getting involved in real estate investing, and was wondering if I could conduct this business through my current s-corp.

If this is possible, what would it entail doing?

**A: yes, you can but it would be better to separate the 2 for liability and tax purposes. Consult a biz attorney.

Thank you for your comments.
**A: ok.

M

melobrien75

Thank you, HomeGuru.

I wanted to avoid the cost of setting up another corporation while getting started in real estate. If I combined the two initially (for the first year or maybe less) until I had the funds to form another corp, would it be very difficult to separate them out?

I've contacted my current attorney (he's out of the office this week), but I thought I'd use this forum to at least get a general understanding of my options. Again, Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">