• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can a (s) corporation receive donations?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joshie679

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I'm trying to find out if only non-profits can receive donations? can someone donate to any other type of business like ( a (c) or (s) corporation, or a LLC?) ......

HomeGuru

joshie679 said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

I'm trying to find out if only non-profits can receive donations? can someone donate to any other type of business like ( a (c) or (s) corporation, or a LLC?) ......
**A: of course. You can even donate to Advice Company.

J

joshie679

so there is no restriction on to whom you can donate money to nor which type of company can receive donations...?

JETX

Absolutely. Anyone or company can receive donations from anyone else or company.

The problem is..... they will NOT be tax deductible (which is probably a part of your unasked questions).

HomeGuru

Oh, is that what the writer was getting at? Talk about beating around the forest looking for the trees.

J

joshie679

well my quesion primarly was to find out if someone could make donations to any type of business.... now i also found out that if someone chooses to donate to a company other than a non profit, that donation won't be tax deductable for him/her... am i understanding correctly?

HomeGuru

joshie679 said:
well my quesion primarly was to find out if someone could make donations to any type of business.... now i also found out that if someone chooses to donate to a company other than a non profit, that donation won't be tax deductable for him/her... am i understanding correctly?
**A: what are you intending to do here? Are you the donor, donee or just a donut?

J

joshie679

i'm interested on making a donation but wanted to know more about whom i can donate to.... i have a friend of mine that has a (c) corporation (is not a non-profit) and wanted to know if i could donate to him... but it looks like if i do, i won't be able to deduct that from my income....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">