• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my boss crashed my snowmobile and won't repair!!!

• Thread starter captainhowdy011
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

captainhowdy011

What is the name of your state? michigan (lapeer county)

hi i live in michigan and three years ago my now ex-boss crashed my snowmobile with witnesses around. I filed for small claims court a year and a half ago, and it was moved to civil court because he hired a lawyer. i have all the receipts for the repairs made and they total to $2200.00 dollars. i missed my court date because the original court date had been changed and i never received the notice to appear. the judge told me i need to hire a lawyer and have the case refiled. is this possible after 3 years??
what are my chances of receiving the full amount i am suing for?
i have copies of all the work done to the machine caused by the crash.

thank you very much,
darren

HomeGuru

captainhowdy011 said:
What is the name of your state? michigan (lapeer county)

hi i live in michigan and three years ago my now ex-boss crashed my snowmobile with witnesses around. I filed for small claims court a year and a half ago, and it was moved to civil court because he hired a lawyer. i have all the receipts for the repairs made and they total to $2200.00 dollars. i missed my court date because the original court date had been changed and i never received the notice to appear. the judge told me i need to hire a lawyer and have the case refiled. is this possible after 3 years??
what are my chances of receiving the full amount i am suing for?
i have copies of all the work done to the machine caused by the crash.

thank you very much,
darren
**A: so did you hire lawyer at the time the nice judge told you to?

H

hexeliebe

My camel just took offense to that....

And I mean it. I have a camel among my menagerie and she just spit on this thread.

O

Owlery

Is this how issues get addressed here?

Mutual incitement of flames and provoking eachother seems...ineffective and just plain mean.

The writer crapped out with his response, but honestly; the responses he got initially were pretty lame.

(searches for the moderator button)

JETX

"Is this how issues get addressed here?"
*** Yep, usually when a writer already knows the answer to his problem as in this case ("the judge told me i need to hire a lawyer and have the case refiled"). Simply, if the judge, already being familiar with the FACTS gives that advice, there isn't much else that anyone on the forum could say, is there???

"Mutual incitement of flames and provoking eachother seems...ineffective and just plain mean."
*** What do YOU mean??? The only provocation was done by the original writer.

"the responses he got initially were pretty lame."
*** No it wasn't. It was absolutely accurate. Tell ya' what Leroy.... how about YOU providing a legally correct answer rather than to just piss on the logs??

O

Owlery

JETX said:
Tell ya' what Leroy.... how about YOU providing a legally correct answer rather than to just piss on the logs??
*sigh*

I would encourage him to get a lawyer, and to check his temper at the door ;) Comments like "camel Jockey" don't fly too well in a court of law, even though they are oddly tolerated and aren't leapt upon as toxic racist statements due to the tensions and conflagrations between the U.S. and several middle eastern nations.

Clear, astute, simple.

Don't capitulate to idiocy or provocative remarks. Be helpful.

JETX

So, your post on a LEGAL advice forum is simply, "get an attorney"???
Hell, he could have gotten that from a drunk on the street corner.
What legal expertise are you offering since you continue to insist on posting??
Come on, you can even use a few latin terms.....

O

Owlery

Hey~

Listen man,

Take a look at the post count of 90+ % of the people who come here; just a couple quick posts to seek advice in what is often a stressful situation.

I'm not defending the writer's comments, and it seems that the more I look at them, it is kind of obvious he should START by getting an attorney.

As far as posting repeatedly, why don't you do a search on MY name? I need some astute advice, I'm really screwed right now, and don't have the time to rack up a lot of turbo posts in threads on a forum where if I could help people and give sound advice, I would.

Do you enjoy causing grief? You sir, are obviously using this forum to vent, and take pleasure in other people's grief.

You also thrive on attention.

Help me out

owlery

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hexeliebe

!!"
I'm not defending the writer's comments, and it seems that the more I look at them, it is kind of obvious he should START by getting an attorney.
"F U CAMEL JOCKEY

You can defend comments like this all you want. And you'll get no help at all.

It's kind of a duh isn't it. This writer was told to get an attorney. By a judge, by a licensed attorney (actually two) and by you. Now, defend all you want but his reply to SOUND legal advice was the above.

There is no defense.

HomeGuru

Re: Hey~

Owlery said:
Listen man,

Take a look at the post count of 90+ % of the people who come here; just a couple quick posts to seek advice in what is often a stressful situation.

As far as posting repeatedly, why don't you do a search on MY name? I need some astute advice, I'm really screwed right now, and don't have the time to rack up a lot of turbo posts in threads on a forum where if I could help people and give sound advice, I would.

Do you enjoy causing grief? You sir, are obviously using this forum to vent, and take pleasure in other people's grief.

Help me out .

owlery
**A: it's foolery giving a freaking hoot again just because he can turn his head 360 degrees. Change name to Howlery.

L

lunachick

Re: Hey~

Owlery said:
Listen man,

Help me out .

owlery

Hi I see you too came here for help and that jerk insulted you. He did the same to me. I won a case in traffic court and I was all proud and posted that I did, and he actually called me a liar!!! Hey I KNOW what happened to me you know what I mean! LOL Anyway I just wanted to tell you I read your posts and his replies, and to know someone else has been treated bad by this jerk too, and hope that makes you feel better. Please don't listen to him, he's obviously some loser who gets off on hurting others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">