• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

copyright laws for recorded music

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

norton1967

What is the name of your state? New York

I am starting a new business. I would like to use music from my music CDs that I have previously purchased for my own entertainment. I would like to use this music as background music for Slideshows that I sell.

A customer will bring me photographs that he/she would like put into a slideshow format, usually producing a DVD for he/she to play in their TV.

I would like to use my CD music to include as background music for their slideshow.

Can I use any music for this purpose and not be subject to copyright infringement when selling the finished slideshow DVD to the customer?

HomeGuru

norton1967 said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I am starting a new business. I would like to use music from my music CDs that I have previously purchased for my own entertainment. I would like to use this music as background music for Slideshows that I sell.

A customer will bring me photographs that he/she would like put into a slideshow format, usually producing a DVD for he/she to play in their TV.

I would like to use my CD music to include as background music for their slideshow.

Can I use any music for this purpose and not be subject to copyright infringement when selling the finished slideshow DVD to the customer?
**A: no.

N

norton1967

HomeGuru,

Please expound on your answer.

Thanks,

Norton1967

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">