• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

protective order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

owtlawgirl

california...what is the name of your state? my ? what happens if the person being served can't be found ? how much time before hearing can they be served?does it default ? thanks

win

Last edited:

P

prelawgirl

The time you have for your protective order to be served is up until the date and time of your court hearing. If the order can not be served by that time you will have to attempt to redo the entire process. I just was granted my protective order and I was fortunate enough to be able to have my order served the same day. Your copy of the order will have all the information that you need. I would suggest writing out exact dates, time (if possible), and details of every incident between you and the defendant. This way you will be able to show the court that you have reasonable fear of your physical or emotional well fare that can only be protected if the defendant is restrained. Don't give up because you aren't sure it will be granted. You can not let the defendant win!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">