• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leaks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

miranda66

What is the name of your state? Florida
I live in a Condo 2nd floor. The Apartment under mine developed a leak.They had gone to the apartment next to mine and told the women it was her bathtub an to fix it and they woukld be back to check that it was done.Well after a few days she reufused to let them back in stating that she know what they were up to.Meaning the Condo association would not pay for damages.So they started in on me stating it was coming from my Apartment.I let them in lkie an idiot and they wnet throught the whole Apt.The maintenance man and a plumber said it was coming from my kitchen sink and he would send a helper over next day to fix.The helper came over the next day and said they was absolutly no leak under my kitchen sink and porceded to my air conditioner unit.Then theyy had determined that it was my air unit.My you I just had a service man the day before to make sure it was no my air conditioner.
The plumber said there was 1/4 of water in my closet whr nhe went to report to the office.I can assure you there was not a drop.The maintenance man who said there was no water suddenly agreed with the plumber at the office.
I was called by the office secretary and she told me put a pail and dry it up immediatly.I put a pail downa dn a towel like requested.
Guess what neither the towel nor pail had any water.
I had the builder come over and check my whole apartment (who is also the Apt.owners below Uncle) He told us that there was no way that water came from my Apt.It was at least 15 gallons.he had checked for water stains the whole nine yards.Told us it was the Association problem now.
We figured whe he told his Nephew this it would be over and they would go after the Condo Assoc.
NO they are suing us for mold,ruined furniture and 2 leather jackets.
This was in August and the tennant never had his air conditioner on the whold summer of course there would be mold.
I was thinking of hiring an Attorney.
Any ideas what I sould do? They have the word of the plumber and maintenance man who litterly lied, because they work here.

BL

Why are you relying on the condo's Maintenance team to determine the cause.

If I were being accused of water leaks and I'm in that situation, I'd have 2 or 3 contractors in the Field come out for estimates. If they find nothing fine.

Also if your county ,City,or what ever has an official building inspector, I would make a complaint w/ them and let them have a look, in the alleged apts.

Get their proofs by court date. If it's documented it's NOT coming from your place, you should be out of the woods.

HomeGuru

miranda66 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida
I live in a Condo 2nd floor. The Apartment under mine developed a leak.They had gone to the apartment next to mine and told the women it was her bathtub an to fix it and they woukld be back to check that it was done.Well after a few days she reufused to let them back in stating that she know what they were up to.Meaning the Condo association would not pay for damages.So they started in on me stating it was coming from my Apartment.I let them in lkie an idiot and they wnet throught the whole Apt.The maintenance man and a plumber said it was coming from my kitchen sink and he would send a helper over next day to fix.The helper came over the next day and said they was absolutly no leak under my kitchen sink and porceded to my air conditioner unit.Then theyy had determined that it was my air unit.My you I just had a service man the day before to make sure it was no my air conditioner.
The plumber said there was 1/4 of water in my closet whr nhe went to report to the office.I can assure you there was not a drop.The maintenance man who said there was no water suddenly agreed with the plumber at the office.
I was called by the office secretary and she told me put a pail and dry it up immediatly.I put a pail downa dn a towel like requested.
Guess what neither the towel nor pail had any water.
I had the builder come over and check my whole apartment (who is also the Apt.owners below Uncle) He told us that there was no way that water came from my Apt.It was at least 15 gallons.he had checked for water stains the whole nine yards.Told us it was the Association problem now.
We figured whe he told his Nephew this it would be over and they would go after the Condo Assoc.
NO they are suing us for mold,ruined furniture and 2 leather jackets.
This was in August and the tennant never had his air conditioner on the whold summer of course there would be mold.
I was thinking of hiring an Attorney.
Any ideas what I sould do? They have the word of the plumber and maintenance man who litterly lied, because they work here.
**A: so when are you going to hire YOUR OWN licensed plumbing contractor?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Re: Leaks

HomeGuru said:

======================================

My response:

Hell, for that matter, when are you going to hire an English tutor?

IAAL

HomeGuru

Is there a real difference between an English tutor and an English tudor?
And why is it that we get so many writer's here that have poor grammar and spelling skills? Is this website advertising in the Traller Park newsletters again?

Last edited:
M

miranda66

What kind of people are you

I asked for input and instead I get insulted.
I do not live in a Trailer Park.
The hell with forum.
I am sure I have a far better education than you,you just show your ignornace.

HomeGuru

Re: Re: Leaks

HomeGuru said:
**A: ok, here's to your far better education. You were not educated enough to hire your own plumber that would be on your side and give you the real unbiased facts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">