• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BKKCM

What is the name of your state? CA

A little history:

I have a 4 year old daughter from a person I dated for a short while. I married a man who was aware that this was not his child and when we divorced (for court purposes) we had to have a paternity test to prove this. Since then, he has had no contact with her. My husband would like to adopt her, so it would be a step-parent adoption.

My questions are:

1) Will I have to locate her bio father? If so, I have NO idea how to begin. He was stationed in CA and moved back to FL in June '99, when he got out of the military.

2) Will I still have to terminate parental rights from the man on her birth certificate? There has never been any child support paid and he has not had any contact with her since we seperated.

3) Will I have to request her bio father to sign off rights?

Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">