• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DV preliminary hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sscorpiolady

What is the name of your state?
Michigan

I am the victim in a domestic violence case with my husband as the defendant. I have been subpeonaed for the prelim and have no idea what to expect. Have called the prosecutor's office but they don't seem very cooperative. The prelim is on a charge of tapping/tampering with a phone line which didn't happen so I am trying to get that charge dropped. Any advice or suggestions? Thanks.

1/11/04
Hubby did in fact hit me and that charge is not in dispute. The charge that is in dispute is the tapping/cutting phone line charge. I have seen nothing that has the DV charge on it.

Last edited:

stephenk

if your hubby didnt do anything, how come he is being charged? how did the police become involved in the first place?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">