• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who pays the bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

baberuth

What is the name of your state? wv
who is responsible for the household bills when a dv order is placed.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

baberuth said:
What is the name of your state? wv
who is responsible for the household bills when a dv order is placed.

My response:

The one who's NOT under the D.V. order; i.e., the one who uses the services, buys the items, uses the premises, and everything else.

IAAL

B

baberuth

Re: Re: who pays the bills

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

The one who's NOT under the D.V. order; i.e., the one who uses the services, buys the items, uses the premises, and everything else.

IAAL
but what happens when the petitioner does not make enough to pay all the household bills. the respondent makes way more than i do. thats not right if he doesnt have to pay his share even if hes not here. the petitioner is the innocent one and she still has to suffer, for getting abused by the respondent. that makes him getting off scott free.

T

threatscop

Realities of Protection Orders and Divorce

Your problem is a very common one. You need to obtain an attorney, either privately or through a non-profit that assists battered women. If your state allows it, you can ask for assistance with your legal bills from the party making more money than you. Do research on your situation. There are many non-profits which can help you. Look in the phone book under Community Resources, or call your District Attorney's office for names and numbers.

If you had enough to get an RO, then you should be thinking divorce. Battering generally doesn't stop, so get out now. Applying for a divorce, with the assistance of an attorney, you will be able to get the Court to decide who will pay what to whom, and how. If children are involved, it is doubly important to get a Court Order because any money due the kid(s) is there money, to raise them.

With no Court order, you will get nothing!

Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">