• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adopt grandchild-already have custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rreeset

We live in Tennessee. I have had temporary custody of my grandaughter since July of 2000. She actually lived with me a couple of years before that. Her mother has very bad drug problems. She signed papers giving me temporary custody willingly. I would now like to adopt my grandaughter. Her father was killed in an auto accident in 1998. All the family is agreeable to the adoption and her mother will sign necessary papers. I need to know where to start. Our income is low, so we need to do as much as we can without hiring a lawyer. Daughter is incarcerated now and I also have second child, temporarily. But, he hasn't lived with me long. Daughter does want him back as soon as possible. :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">