• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business Spionage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HenryD

What is the name of your state? :TEXAS
I am running a child care center in Texas. I have been in business for ten years. A new child care center just open, less than a mile from my center. A lady has been coming to my center asking for information and checking the center several times to place her child. Today she came back again to visit the todlers classroom. She said that she has a two years old girl to enroll. She asked to spent time in the classroom checking the classroom materials, taking to teachers. Later, during my conversation with her it came out that she is the owner and director of the new center that opened in the area which takes care of children two years old up to after schoolers.
Question. Am I legally obligated to accept her child in my center even when I know that she wants to obtain copies of all my policies, meet the parents of the children enrolled in my center and meet my employees, who knows for what. Or can I tell her to get out of my center and to stop spying inside my own business without running into any legal problem, like discrimination or any other similar thing?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">