• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hitting a 14 year old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NC_Dad

What is the name of your state? North Carolina My Ex-wife hit my 14 year old son. She is Custodial Parent. He told me this happened several weeks ago and my 12 year old son backs up this claim. I asked her about this and she claims he started it. He didn't. Legally, what if anything, can I do about this?

H

hexeliebe

Short of beating the crap out of her not much. Unless the injury to your son rises to the level of abuse and there is prolonged and continued abuse, each parent is allowed to discipline their child.

If this incident upsets you then you need to look at custody issues however, unless there are circumstances you are not revealing here, the facts of your post reveal no legal claim to pursue.

dequeendistress

In addition to the advice already given, if you feel that there is abuse you may contact your states child abuse hotline.

Be sure you know the definition of abuse prior to your calling.

HomeGuru

NC_Dad said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina My Ex-wife hit my 14 year old son. She is Custodial Parent. He told me this happened several weeks ago and my 12 year old son backs up this claim. I asked her about this and she claims he started it. He didn't. Legally, what if anything, can I do about this?
**A: I would like to know the ex's side of the story.

NC_Dad

I also would like her side of the story. When I asked her about it she would only say that he started it. My son told me she asked him to clean up after his younger brothers and sisters. He is the oldest of 6 children. He refused "an order" from her in front of the younger children and hit him in the mouth with her fist. Thats how it is in her home.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

NC_Dad said:
and hit him in the mouth with her fist. Thats how it is in her home.

=======================================

My response:

. . . and, where's the trailer in this story? An extra 100 points if it says "AirStream" or "Winnebago" on the back. 200 extra points if at least one of the tires is not inflated.

IAAL

NC_Dad

LMAO - Give that man a cigar, how about 20 extra points for each dog living under the porch. The grass is also 3 feet high!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

NC_Dad said:
LMAO - Give that man a cigar, how about 20 extra points for each dog living under the porch. The grass is also 3 feet high!

My response:

. . . and an old toilet or two, with a non-functioning refrigerator in the yard.

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

WHOA Big Fella, ain't nuthin' wrong with GRASS being three feet high...In fact, the higher it gets the higher I GET :D:D:D

NC_Dad

I agree dequeen! I had call DSS in the county where she lives a few years ago concerning another incedent with my other son. Their idea of an investigation was to only ask my ex what had happened. She of course lied to save her own a$$. Case closed. So calling them again doesn't seem to be an option at this point. Thanks all for the advice.

dequeendistress

I would call anyway, this is a child!

Don't allow your mistrust of the system keep you from what may in effect be protection of the child if there is a real underlying abusive situation. It would one real first step in rectifying the situation.

Don't be one who complains about something and when you realize it requires more effort and action on your part it is let go. Be the one to make the difference, when you maybe the only one who will.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

mj40 said:
hi
i believe in my state Mass it is illegal to hit above the shoulders for discipline a closed fist in the mouth is assult
an ex of mine was arrested and placed in jail for punching me in the mouth

w hy would you ever think thats not assult ??

i have no legal training but there is absoulty no reason to punch a kid in the mouth

dont shy away from calling dss what are you going to do if she really loses control some day and cant stop punching? bury your kid ??

do something now before its to late another complaint should show something is going on.

take pictures of any marks or scars geez anyone punches my kid would be in jail dont matter if its his father, uncle...ect ect ect
**A: my only comment is to please take a course in spelling and grammar.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">