• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sole proprietorship question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tvfan

What is the name of your state? PA
I'm considering opening a small businesss out of my home. My husband is on workers comp and I don't think he'll return to work -- ie disability. I'm wondering about the set up of my business. Should I go with a sole proprierorship or a partnership? He won't do anything with the business but I'm thinking I should have someone else besides me (won't have any employees) on the DBA of the company and the bank accounts in case something happens to me, he can access the business banking accounts easier than if he's not on it (or am I wrong in my thinking)?

I don't want him to be employed as far as disability goes because we need his income to survive - especially if my business fails!!! It would involve computer use and he is totally illiterate in that department.

I saw on a web site that a sole prop. can have a husband and wife (worldlawdirect.com) but everywhere else states the sole prop is only for one person.

Thanks for any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">