• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MO (Passive) Reunion Registry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

H~Gruenewald

What is the name of your state? MO

1964 - a 21 yr. old Blind woman gives birth to a daughter. Father is also blind. They aren't married. He denies paternity. Child placed for Adoption.

1993 - Birth mom registers with MO Reunion Registry.

2003 - Daughter, now 39 yrs old, and her Adoptive Parents register. There is a match. The case worker refuses to give contact info because the birth mom's consent is 10 yrs. old. It has been 1 year and they have not found the birth mom to ask if she still wants contact.

What can the Adoptee do, if anything, to be reunited. Remember, the birth mom is blind and may not know what mail comes into her home. Also, she married and moved out of State.

CMSC

Ask them to site you the Missouri law that states if contact release form is over 10 yrs. old they can't give you information!

Missouri law states that once the adoptee requests information on a birth parent who is registered they will locate the birth parent to get consent. They already have consent so get the exact statute from them that say that consent expires.

Also have you tried any other avenue's of searching?

H

H~Gruenewald

Thank you

Thank you for your responce.:)

I don't know why I didn't think of that!

This is for an aquaintance. She is fairly new at her search. I did tell her to request non identifying information (NID). That would give her a little more information to search on her own.

Again, Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">