• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hours of Operations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Plumber2000

What is the name of your state? Oregon

Is there a regulation the requires a restaurant to post there hours of operations for patrons to see on there door or visible location?

If so to whom can I file a complaint with?

HomeGuru

Plumber2000 said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon

Is there a regulation the requires a restaurant to post there hours of operations for patrons to see on there door or visible location?

If so to whom can I file a complaint with?
**A: and what was the problem? You did not get your food on time? You went there and they were closed? You started eating and they said ok, take a last bite, were closing? The buffet table closed and you did not get thirds yet?

P

Plumber2000

Nope none of the above.

Restaurant has no hours posting for open and close times, they have a special painted on there windows that says Earybird special 7AM to 10AM no days specified,

Showed up one weekend and complained inside, told them there sign is deceiving, makes patrons think they open at 7AM, they said that is weekdays only, mentions to them about Posting there hours of operations on there door.

A couple months later show up and special on window still there same times no days indicated, 7AM to 10AM, weekend arrived at 07:30AM doors locks.

This is very irritating thinking how many patrons show up thinking there open and yet there is no posted hours of operations.

So is there a regs thats says they have to show there gours of operations?

JETX

"So is there a regs thats says they have to show there gours of operations?"
*** No, there are no regulations as to gours at all!!:D
Nor is there a statutory obligation for a restaurant (or any other business) to post their hours. That is simply good 'marketing skills' and if the owner of the business doesn't care about his/her customers enough to post, you have the right to not go there.

"This is very irritating thinking how many patrons show up thinking there open and yet there is no posted hours of operations."
*** Then presumably the business won't last long.

P

Plumber2000

Ok thanks,

We moved on to a new restaurant, too bad for them.

Guess filling a complaint with the BBB won't mean a thing.

Last edited:
P

Plumber2000

Point it it's deceiving making others think they will open at 7AM and in reality they open at 8AM on Saturday.

Well I filed a complaint with the BBB on line, maybe that restaurant will have a change of heart and put up their hours of operations.

And maybe the BBB will do nothing.

I'll know in 30 days if they sent a letter to them or not.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">