• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stalking EPO issued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ScottB

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I have been served with EPO papers and read previous posts. My question is this... the charges of stalking are false... I know that if I violate the order then they can charge me with stalking. Does an EPO show up on my record as crimminal activity. I have no intention of ever having contact with the person and was going to represent myself b/c it is not true. Does this show up on my permenant record and can you appeal the ruling.
Scott

S

ScottB

OK... I went to court today and the judge did not even listen to me. He was in the room but was reading papers as I was address the court. There was only five people in the room. The petitioner her mother, the judge and court reporter and myself. I felt like I was talking to air. I had several points that were not even taken into consideration. They placed the Protective order against me. I need to find out if I can appeal this... I will look for an attorney if it can be. Please respond. I am at a loss of words. I have never stalked this person. I never have stalked or harmed anyone in my entire life. Not sure what to do now.

Scott:confused:

S

ScottB

Sorry thought of something else,
We were in a three year relationship and resided in the same household until the first part of January. At that time she went to jail for Domestic Battery against me... I did not want them to charge her but we were arguing quite loudly and a neighbor called the police. The next day I tried to plead to the judge on her behalf. The judge ordered a No Contact Order on my behalf where she was not to contact me. There has been no contact between us but I have her personal property that is still in the residence. I am suppose to be out of the residence by the end of the month and tried to address this during the court today since no one contact each other. The Judge said this was not the time or place. So what am I suppose to do with her stuff. It is my name on the lease and the apartment is rented. I have no choice but to be out. I can not have contact with her directly or indirectly. What do I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">