• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UKC Papers problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LadyGator

What is the name of your state? Florida

I am in Florida. I bought a dog off a Breeder in North Carolina. I sent deposit $100 when the dog was about 4 weeks old. All was well dog was on hold for me.. Long story short rather than shipping the dog on a plane, I had a friend travelling in the area where the breeder was pick up the dog. No problem, my friend gave the breeder the balance owed in cash, and they were on their way. The breeder called later that day and claimed they gave them the wrong dog. By then they were almost to Florida. Well long story short, we worked it out . They refused to compromise on coming to me to deliver the right puppy, after their mistake. I opted to take the puppy I had , who also was a registered Bluetick.

We got passed that, and now I still have not received the UKC registration papers for the dog. I have all the documentation via email that the husband claims all the paper work was in and as we agreed before there was a $50 difference in the wrong dog deal they owed to me. Along with them admitting to all the mistakes they made in delivery and so on. He claimed it was being mailed to me. I have yet to see the papers or the money. At this point I am more worried about the papers for the dog, because the breeder knew I was going to breed the female Bluetick I received. The wife claims they did not register enough females for the litter. Someone has to be telling a story. Iget 2 different stories from each of them.

After sending them an upsetting email about the situation she told me never to contact them and that me telling them any of that would make me wait longer. What can I do to fix this mess. Without breeding rights the dog is not much good to me. I paid $350 for the dog, but in the long run it will be much more costly if I can not Breed. Help Please!

bb_wolfe

LadyGator said:
in the long run it will be much more costly if I can not Breed. Help Please! [/B]
No one is preventing you and the dog from breeding. Hell, if that's your thing, more power to ya.

HOWEVER, unless you had a contract that states you were entitled to a registration/authentication record, then you're shiznit out of luck. Did the receipt (of course you have one...) indicate a registration fee/transfer charge?

JETX

"What can I do to fix this mess."
*** Obviously, the ONLY thing you can do is to consider filing a lawsuit to recover your PROVABLE damages.

"I paid $350 for the dog, but in the long run it will be much more costly if I can not Breed."
*** I found that statement rather interesting. How can it COST you to NOT do something when you have no obligation to do it??

L

LadyGator

Breeding Vs. Use

What I mean is this dog is not meerly for breeding, or a pet. I hunt deer with my Blueticks. Bottom line is I bought this pure bred dog to breed, and because the dog is registered I would have no problems selling the puppies to make a profit. I really only want one or two for myself. As it stands now, breeding is not an option which is my reason for buying the dog, and it still remains to be seen if the puppy can compeat with my other no registered deer dogs. Bottom line is with no papers, if the dog is no good for hunting, I won't keep her. I don't want another pet, I need another hunting dog. Breeding these kind of dogs is not necessarily like other breeds, we breed for a nose, not aesthetics. I hope this makes sense. Basically I could have bought a none registered dog and saved my money if I did not want to breed. I also paid my friend $100 as well to pick up the dog in NC. Like I said before it is not really the money it is the papers. Now the lady has an atttitude about the whole thing, when she is the one who made all the mistakes. Keep in mind this is no even the dog I chose, it is the one I was forced to accept, or eat even more money for their mistake. Thanks for your help.

L

LadyGator

Also to answer the other question the papers do say, "there are not restrictions on breeding of this canine. UKC registration papers will be mailed as soon as they arrive." Not indication of a transfer fee of any kind. She has said nothing about wanting more money, she just won't send the papers. There is no way I can find a way, knowing the Dame and Sire, of the puppy get papers from UKC without them signing off. Besides tht am I unable to warn others on the net about tis breeder, due to slander laws?

JETX

Your options are very simple:
- Keep the dog and forget about any claim, or
- Sell the dog, or
- Contact the local court about filing a lawsuit.

"am I unable to warn others on the net about tis breeder, due to slander laws?"
*** Of course you can do anything you want. If you tell the absolute TRUTH about the situation, you will be protected IF she takes the action to sue you. However, do you really want to risk the possibility of the cost and time to be 'Paul Revere'??

L

LadyGator

THANKS

Well, thanks for the advice. That is kind of what I am doing. I will wait it out and see what happens. Whether she attempts to send papers,or not. Otherwise, I will decide whether to keep the dog, or sell her. After all this, it just stinks there is not penalty to them for doing buiness like this. I have been the only one punished. Being in buiness for myself.... when you are on the other side of the fence it seems the buiness owner always pays the price, but not in this case.... Thanks so much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">