• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Handicapped Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

indianhead

What is the name of your state? Las Vegas

A friend of mine, who is handicapped,recently visited Las Vegas.
Before leaving the car, while parked in a hotel handicapped
space, he put his placard on the rear view mirror. As it was a windy day,apparently the card blew off the mirror and landed on the front seat.

He got a $170.00 citation for not displaying the placard.

He immediately called the parking bureau and was told that it wasn't a problem and that he should mail a copy of his handicapped documentation with the citation to the parking court.

He received a response, indicating that he owed $70.00 without reference to the documentation that he had mailed.

While he did violate the law, it seems strange that the parking bureau would say it wasn't a problem and then fine him anyway.

HomeGuru

indianhead said:
What is the name of your state? Las Vegas

A friend of mine, who is handicapped,recently visited Las Vegas.
Before leaving the car, while parked in a hotel handicapped
space, he put his placard on the rear view mirror. As it was a windy day,apparently the card blew off the mirror and landed on the front seat.

**A: was he driving a convertible?

He got a $170.00 citation for not displaying the placard.

**A: yes, that's the law.

He immediately called the parking bureau and was told that it wasn't a problem and that he should mail a copy of his handicapped documentation with the citation to the parking court.

He received a response, indicating that he owed $70.00 without reference to the documentation that he had mailed.

While he did violate the law, it seems strange that the parking bureau would say it wasn't a problem and then fine him anyway.
**A: I don't find that strange at all. What I do find strange is all those strange people walking on the strip at 2AM.

JETX

All, please excuse me for a minute while I wipe the tear from my eye.....
Ah, thats better.
Turns out that it was a 'handicap' placard that blew off.
:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">