• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Invalid State Inspection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jhrebik

What is the name of your state? VA

Upon moving here in May, I registered 2 vehicles: a brand new Dodge Durango purchased in NJ in April, and an old VW Jetta. The state inspection programs here integrate with DMV. Therefore, DMV won't issue a full year registration unless they can verify you have valid inspection. My Jetta was given a 30-day registration pending inspection. The Durango, as I was told, was new, and was given a full year registration with the NJ sticker. Now, I have recieved 2 parking tickets, stating that I need a VA sticker since my license plate had VA tags. I tried to fight them, but they say that I need a VA inspection if I have VA tags. How do I fight a problem that was caused by a DMV screw-up, if that is the case? I will sure get an inspection now, but should I really be penalized for false information upon moving into the state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">