• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Officer No Show

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slongazel

I recieved a parking ticket in New Jersey several months ago and plead not guilty. I recieved my sommons and showed up at the courthouse. I met with the prosecuter first and he explained that the judge would not see me since it was a substituing judge. I had waited for over an hour and half to see the prosecutor, and he then told me to wait for everyone else to be seen and he would get the officer in the courthouse and take care of me. I waited another hour for the prosecutor to be finished and approached him. He then told me that the officer was off duty and that another date would have to be rescheduled. I stated taht it was not my fault that the officer did not show up for the scheduled date, and that I would like to see the judge. The judge then saw me and asked if I would like a trial. I explained the situation and that I did not know my rights, and he then explained that I would have to reschedule a trial since the states witness was not available. Is there anything I can do so that I don't have to go back to court and wait 4 hours again?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">