• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unlicensed contractor suing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Neesy

What is the name of your state? FL

Unlicensed contractor/verbal contract
I did not know he was unlicensed....he came highly recommended. Major home remodeling job. Shoddy work, time delays, admitted he underbid and needed more materials to finish job. I was suckered, but stuck. Finally said enough is enough. He filed a lien. I contested. He did not file suit. Now, four months later, he is taking me to small claims court for additional money he feels is due him. I want to file a Summary Judgment based on 489.128 but would also like to include some case precedents/court rulings. I don't know where to find them.

Served 01/05, pretrial is 02/04. Would like to file motion prior to that. Please help asap.

Thanks!

HomeGuru

Neesy said:
What is the name of your state? FL

Unlicensed contractor/verbal contract
I did not know he was unlicensed....

**A: but one phone call to the state would have confirmed that he had no license.

he came highly recommended. Major home remodeling job. Shoddy work, time delays, admitted he underbid and needed more materials to finish job. I was suckered, but stuck. Finally said enough is enough. He filed a lien. I contested. He did not file suit. Now, four months later, he is taking me to small claims court for additional money he feels is due him. I want to file a Summary Judgment based on 489.128 but would also like to include some case precedents/court rulings. I don't know where to find them.

Served 01/05, pretrial is 02/04. Would like to file motion prior to that. Please help asap.

Thanks!
**A: sorry, I do not do legal research.

Last edited:
N

Neesy

I don't understand your response. This is my first message on this forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">