• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LLC & Operating Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kitty_belue

What is the name of your state? AL

Does an LLC have to have an Operating Agreement?
This does not appear in the Articles.

Thanks,
kittyb

H

hexeliebe

Limited Liability Company or Limited Liability Corporation? There are two forms of LLC

K

kitty_belue

hexeliebe said:
Limited Liability Company or Limited Liability Corporation? There are two forms of LLC
It is Limited Liability Company

also,
Does the operating agreement have to be filed with the state, if not how can I obtain a copy?

Thank you for your response

kittyb

H

hexeliebe

A Limited liability company doesn't necessarily have to file with the Secretary of State's corporation commission so getting the operating agreement is up to the company.

Would you like to elaborate a little on your problem or was that it?

K

kitty_belue

hexeliebe said:
A Limited liability company doesn't necessarily have to file with the Secretary of State's corporation commission so getting the operating agreement is up to the company.

Would you like to elaborate a little on your problem or was that it?
Trying to get proof of income in divorce where husband has hidden income and assets. Has not complied with court order to produce records requested even after contempt charges have been filed and he was only warned of jail by the judge. just trying to help in getting information for my lawyer.

I am dealing with a very vindictive and evil person and his crooked lawyer.

Thank you.
kittyb

H

hexeliebe

Kitty,

Have your attorney file a request with the Secretary of State's office for any and all filings of the LLC. I believe that Alabama is different than Tennessee in that there IS a requirement for an LLC (company) to file articles of management and other documents.

If you are in the state capitol then you can go to the SofS office and do the search yourself based on the name of the company.

Once you have this information, you will find a listing for the Registered Agent (usually the attorney). Serve this person with a subpoena for the records.

K

kitty_belue

hexeliebe said:
Kitty,

Have your attorney file a request with the Secretary of State's office for any and all filings of the LLC. I believe that Alabama is different than Tennessee in that there IS a requirement for an LLC (company) to file articles of management and other documents.

If you are in the state capitol then you can go to the SofS office and do the search yourself based on the name of the company.

Once you have this information, you will find a listing for the Registered Agent (usually the attorney). Serve this person with a subpoena for the records.
Thank you so much
kittyb

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">