• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

libel/ slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anniebgood

What is the name of your state?nh
i posted this already in employment by mistake.i own a small health club. this is a long story but i will give the highlights.i feel there must be something i can do to protect my reputation.
i have a member who wanted to cancel her membership due to lack of time to use the membership. after informing her the reasons for cancelation and offering her free training sessions to get her back on a schedule her and she refused. i held her to her contract. 8 months later she requested her contract be cancelled and that i must allow her to because i was in breach of my own contract. i have proof that i am not. i held her to her contract. today i received another letter that calls my business practices questionable and that i have broken my own contract . she said she will share this information with everyone she speaks with. is the threat enough for me to do something about this?it is a small town and i do my business to sufffer.

JETX

"is the threat enough for me to do something about this?"
*** Depends. What do you want to do??

H

hexeliebe

Well top o' the monrin' to ya Jet :D

Now, I wonder what this poster will come back with. Something like "I just want her to stop!" I bet.

A

anniebgood

well in reply to both of you. yes, of course i want her to stop. by action i just want to send a letter stating that if she should slander me or if she already has i will sue for damages. if she tells 5 people who do not join because she is telling them i do not hold to my contracts that is a minimum of $2000. that is just from the five people she told. if they tell more then i los
e more.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

anniebgood said:
well in reply to both of you. yes, of course i want her to stop. by action i just want to send a letter stating that if she should slander me or if she already has i will sue for damages. if she tells 5 people who do not join because she is telling them i do not hold to my contracts that is a minimum of $2000. that is just from the five people she told. if they tell more then i los
e more.
**A: then it is entirely your right to send such a letter.

signed, your cousin,
Johnnybgood

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">