• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using software in a business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deadamc

Florida
My partner and I are going to open up a computer usage center. We would like some legal information about possibly having a gaming night, perhaps a competition. If this is even legal, would we have to purchase the game for each computer or could we just install the game to each computer. Also, about having a competition night. Say whoever wins out of everyone wins a small prize of $50 or so. Is this legal? What should I know or what should I have to do. Thanks.

Adam

H

hexeliebe

Only addresing the software issue, you will have to purchase a copy of the program for each computer you will be using. Otherwise, you will be in violation of copyright laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">