• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where to file?... 2 different answers given

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fa97

In a post more than a week ago called "Which state should I file in" I outlined a situation and asked for advice regarding where a claim should be filed. That post is on Page 2 of this forum now. I did receive two replies, but with conflicting opinions. So, I'm still stumped! I'd really appreciate if a few more of you could take a look at it and share your thoughts. For the record, a local district attorney told me 'off the record' that I could probably file in DE since that's where I was living when the agreement was made, but that was following only a brief conversation about the case. So, now I have one vote for all three possible answers!! Help!

For starters, I'm not even sure if it's a case worth pursuing (if it has merit and a chance to win). I'd love to hear opinions about that because I'd sure like to get that money back, but only if I have a shot at winning. And if it is worth pursuing, I still need to know which of three states to file in!

Thanks in advance for ALL your opinions!

Carlos ("fa97")

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">