• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption 24 years ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

monnickasmommy

What is the name of your state? az

Here is the deal, my older sister and I where adopted in 1980 in Arizona- My mom and stepdad (adoptee dad) in 1979 got married-
However my mom's papers somehow or another got distroyed no questions asked. My mom gave us permission to go and look at the records . I called the courthouse and they said- No one can ever look at the records all records are sealed end of story

How do we look at these and how does my mom get more copies to have for safe keeping.

M

monnickasmommy

No we are NOT after money just information. Should we (sister and mom and Myself file a Motion to Open Adoption File ?

nextwife

Mother can request a copy. You may not.

My DH was in his teens, he was adopted by his stepdad and attended the proceedings. His dad had died a few months before his birth (shot while on military duty). Anyway, that was about 40 years ago, and even then he couldn't get the local courthouse to release it to him. And he remembers the whole hearing, so it's not like it's any secret. Both his mom and stepdad are now deceased.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">