• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Machine Shop Screwed my motor up!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

silence360

I am in the State of Oregon.

I took my engine to have bored and honed to these new pistons I was going to install in the engine. Basically what they did was they drilled out too much material so that the pistons I provided them would not work in the engine. So not only do I have pistons I can't use with the motor I am tryin to fix, but I have a engine that is basically ruined.

The maximum bore size of the engine can be 84.5mm. The pistons I gave them are 84mm. So if the engine blows up I can have it rebuilt 1 more time due to the fact I still have .5mm left. So basically to fix the engine I need to get larger pistons and bore out the engine to 84.5mm. But what sux is, I now have pistons I can't use, and I have a engine that has 1 less rebuild on it. Meaning if the engine blows up this time, I have to get a new engine. If they did there job right, then if I did blow up the engine I would still be able to rebuild it 1 more time. But now I can'tdo that because they took too much material out. Does that make any sense?

So I either need to sell the pistons and buy new ones and have another machine shop fix the block to accept these larger pistons. But I should not have to fork out the money for new pistons. They should also be buying me a new block due to the fact they have made it so that I can't rebuild the engine again if something does happen. I do not have a safety zone.

The only problem is, I can't have this engine just sit here. I need to get it fixed. If I fix the motor can I still take him to court to get money for the money I spend on pistons and also money to get my motor fixed back to it's original state. Due to the fact he has ruined my motor so I can't rebuild it again. The machine shop has basically shortened the life of the motor due to there mistake.

If they did there job right I would have a motor that I can fix 1 more time. If the motor blows up, I can fix it one more time before I need a new motor. But since they screwed up, and my motor goes caboom..I can't rebuild it, I must get a new motor right away.

Last edited:

BL

Are you using this Engine for racing ?

Why would you be so worried about blowing it up Again ?

Will any pistons Fit in the bored cylinders now ?

How old/new is this Engine , and what is/was it worth before the Machine shop bored them.

Have you looked into the possibility, that the shop may have HAD TO bore them to them specs.,due to damage , and you went ahead and told them to without understanding what needed to be done ?

If they really screwed up you have to prove what the damages were,and have estimates on how much it would take to repair it.

You also have to consider what the engine or block was worth at the time it was damaged.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">