• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not Adopted, given away illegally

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cajundarlins

Not Adopted, given away in Louisiana

Just found out that my "mother" is not my biological Mother. It seems as though a woman named Ann Shea(from Alabama) went into the hospital under my "Mothers" name and gave my "Father's" name as
the Father.

She didn't want a baby, had a little girl around 5 already (named Theresa). So here I am, where do I go from here???

Last edited:

nextwife

You were abandoned by a woman using an alias?

So who raised you? They are your "parents". How old are you? Do you have a birth certificate?

And, what, exactly is your legal question?

Last edited:
C

cajundarlins

Nextwife,
The question is, how do I go about searching for my " BIOLOGICAL MOTHER" ? (most web sites are directed to adoption or black market, I am neither)

I understand that the parents who raised me are my parents, however they are not my biological parents. I am 48, the parents who raised me are on my birth certificate, my bio mother used an alias when she went into the hospital.

Last edited:

CMSC

You need to ask your parents how much they know about this woman. You could also try and request any court records in her name in the county you were born in. Maybe there will be a trace of where she is.

When were you born, where and how old was she when she gave birth?

I am an adoptee and i understand your need to want to find her.

Last edited:

nextwife

Unless someone has a clue who biomom REALLY is, other than placing notices in registries under the name she gave, I do not know how you'd start looking for her, if she is even still alive. The name you were given is bogus, so I honestly have no clue what to tell you. You'd likely need to do your search for "a woman who gave birth using the assumed name of X". If she's searching, she might know to look for that name.

FYI- My daughter was an orphanage adoption, her mom left her at a few weeks old and we adopted her two years later, so she will likely face the same dilemma someday when she wants to search (although in Cyrillic, instead of English).

C

cajundarlins

Thank You All

My Mother said that all the info she had on the woman was that her name was Ann Shea, came from Alabama. My Dad was a taxi driver and his friend (also a taxi driver,) said that he knew a woman (age approx. 22) who wanted to give up her baby, she also had a little girl named Theresa, approx 5 yrs old somewhere. Well my Mom had her live with them for 5 or 6 months until I was to be born and they were going to go through the proper procedures for adopting the baby (me). Well My Bio-Mom had me and unknowing to my Mom and Dad, had gone into the hospital under an assumed name, and you guessed it, named the Parents that raised me as my biological parents.
My Mom is the only living relative that would know any of this and this is her story and she's sticking to it.
Sounds fishy to me

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">