• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sued for misrepresentation??Someone help me!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AWE31

What is the name of your state? Ohio
Could someone please help.
Here is the senioro......
I have sold a 2002 go-kart chassis to people from PA. it was sold at a swap meet which they seen what they were buying. they paid $1400 for it then, when they were leaving ask to make a paper saying that they paid for it and it wasn't stolen. Well a full year went by. They are now asking for $500 back, because they said it was only a 2000 model chassis. In good faith I offered a full refund to keep my name clear. I realy am not sure that is is a 2000 though they say there is a serial # no the front. (which I never knew was there) I offered them the refund as long as they brought the chassis back in the shape i sold it. They have all the paint stripped off and i really don't know if it is my chassis. i have been sent an e-mail from one of thier friends saying that they were going to sue me for $2500. Is this possible and what do I do? Anyone who can help please do so!!

Thanks!!:confused:

H

hexeliebe

I was about to say ignore the e-mail however, i'm in a pissy mood tonight.

If this e-mail is from a "Friend" of the purchaser simply write them back and tell this person that IF they can provide you with proof that a). the chassis is in the SAME shape as when you sold it AND b). they offer proof that the serial number is in fact from a 2000 model and comes from the same chassis that you sold to them, then you will be more than happy to offer a pro=rated refund if and when they return the chassis in the same or proximate shape as when they purchased it.

If they cannot offer such proof, then it is their right to sue you. However, they will have to do so in the location where either the sale was conducted or where you do business. They cannot sue you where they live.

JETX

"Is this possible"
*** Yes, it is possible, though unlikely. After all, anyone can sue almost anyone else over almost anything. However, I feel that the chance of a lawsuit actually being filed is slim.... and the chance of their winning even slimmer.

"and what do I do?"
*** Personally, since this email is not even from the buyer, I would ignore it. There is no positive in answering this person and only a negative of getting into an email 'war' with him/her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">