• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lien on judgement in small claims court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Texas.

I filed a claim in Small Claims Court for Possession of Property by Proof of Ownership. It was for the return of my horse(filly) which was stolen from me by someone I knew. At the hearing the defendant stated he sold the filly to his brother for $500! The judge ruled the defendant owed me $250 plus filing fees since the defendant "claimed" we were partners on the filly. I do not work due to a disability so I was unable to hire an attorney for an appeal. This guy also hired me to paint a sign for his business which he has yet to pay me for and I charge a minimum of $1,000 to design and paint a sign like it. What is the process of placing a lien on property or his business for payment on the judgement and/or for payment for services rendered?

JETX

"What is the process of placing a lien on property or his business for payment on the judgement and/or for payment for services rendered?"
*** Clearly, you have two separate issues.

The judgment: You can place a lien on any real property that the debtor owns in a county by filing an Abstract of Judgment with the county clerk.

As for your claim of painting services, you will need to file a separate lawsuit to attempt to recover that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">