• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

noisy neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

le_vandome

What is the name of your state? California - I live in an apartment building and our next door neighbors play loud music and movies all day long till late night. Called the police many times, didn't help. Asked the building managemtn to take care of it, no use. what else can I do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Annoying Things Your Noisy Neighbor Does To Piss You Off - -

NUMBER 10: He plays his Enya CDs too loudly.

NUMBER 9: He plays adult movies really loud so you and the other neighbors think he's getting some action.

NUMBER 8: Your next-door neighbor calls to complain about the sound of your chattering teeth.

NUMBER 7: He's so noisy, you haven't slept since the Johnson Administration.

NUMBER 6: Your neighbor wakes you up in middle of night screaming "Pepsi! For the love of God, I need Pepsi!"

NUMBER 5: Your wacky next-door neighbor is Kramer!

NUMBER 4: He knocks at your door and says, "Hi I'm your new neighbor, Richard Simmons."

NUMBER 3: Here's your answer to your noisy neighbor problem. Invest in a jigsaw puzzle and thank me later.

NUMBER 2: His come-back to your complaints was, "Listen, I'm less noisy than your liposuction!"

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Annoying Thing Your Noisy Neighbor Does To Piss You Off - -

Every time you pass him in the hallway, he's wearing another article of your clothing!

IAAL

N

nicolia

Read your lease with the building management and look for the anything that prohibits this tyoe of activity, i.e. loud music and so forth.

Keep documentation of your police reports and any documentation that you went to the building management. - You will need these.

Assuming the building management does nothing again, you might be able to sue them for not enforcing policy. At the minimum, this should at least give you legal right to break your lease and move out.

Read your lease. There should be specific language in your lease regarding noise and the such.

Technically, your neighbor is violating their lease. I ran into these problems before -- and each time, I had the tenants evicted. BUT, it takes time.

It is very important you follow up on everything IN WRITING. No exceptions. If you have a conversation with someone, document it and send copies to all involved in that conversation.

If the apartment management does not rectify the problem or take steps to correct it, there are legal steps you can take as well (suing, breaking your lease, etc). I'd suggest looking up your local laws regarding this -- which are easily accessible on the internet.

Read your lease. It sounds like you have a potential case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">