• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dean3

What is the name of your state? Idaho

Can the parents of the underaged mother and father force them to put their child up for adoption?

nextwife

Let me ask you this. Are these underaged parents fully- both financially and emotionally- capable of properly providing for this future child if they choose not to plan an adoption? Are they really emotionally mature enough to be the parents this child deserves? Will these parents stay together or will this child never be able to live with both their mom and dad together?

Are the underaged parents truly thinking about what is the best choice for this child?

D

Dean3

the mothers parents would like to adopt the baby he's a pastor of a church.the mother and father do not want them to.
neither are capable of raising the baby without the grandparents help.

nextwife

Unfortunately, I do not believe they can legally force them, although they can set some harsh rules related to this that may make them see reality.

Honestly, I really do not think that raising a baby as the sibling of their own mother is a very good idea. Nor does it allow the child-mother the opportunity (emotionally) to move on and start over. There will be power structures between adoptive mom and biomom about the child, and confusion. Thre child is better off being adopted in a different sitaution.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The thing also to remember is that the grandparents are not obligated to help them care for the child - or pay for his/her care. These two kids really need to give a serious and realistic think at what they're in for, and make the right choice for their child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">