• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boyfriends ex and harrassment

• Thread starter JessicaSpalla28
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JessicaSpalla28

What is the name of your state? illinois
I have been dating a guy for 3 years now, about a year ago we broke off our engagement and he started dating another woman. she bought him tons of expensive gifts knowing that he did not have the money to pay for them or to pay her back. he received a new snowmobile, video camera, watch, and a new (used) truck. after he broke it off with her and we got back together. now she wants him to repay her for the items she purchased. she told him she didn't want any of the items back, just the monies. also, everyday for the entire year that we have been back together, I am currently living with my boyfriend again, she has been calling on the cell phone that i pay for for him. i was told by a different source that she looked up my information at the cell phone provider to get the number. she is threatening to sue my boyfriend for the money for the items but it has been a year and nothing. can i counter sue for the mental anguish and stress that she is causing me and my relationship with my boyfriend? i feel that this is harrassment. and what chance does my boyfriend have if this woman does decide to sue him for the return of the gifts or payment in return for the gifts?

BL

Is he really that good female's want to take care of him or is he just a user ?

I'd say she'd have a good chance on suing him.

I also say If you and romeo wanted to stop the calls YOU could.

You could file a annoyance w/ the phone Co. then they would get law enforcement involved.

But my guess, your b/f likes this kind a thing, like players do .

J

JessicaSpalla28

Yes, he does have some issues, but they are not related to him receiving these gifts. He told her not to buy these things for him, but she did anyways. She has a lot of money since her poor husband died....and no one to spend it on other than her two kids. she has done this to another male friend that i know (not well) she has some metal issues that she needs to deal with. all of the men that she dates, she wants her children to call them dad, etc. now she has become good friends with my boyfriends ex-wife and his son. she tries to buy both of them anything and everything. if i purchase his son something....she has to one up me. isn't this just a childish game, especially since she is 20 years older than me. i don't have time to deal with it and i just want her to leave us alone.

stephenk

"she has been calling on the cell phone that i pay for for him"

First, let him get his own cell phone.

Second, he knows who's calling. He can either block her number or just refuse to answer.

Third, change the cell number.

J

JessicaSpalla28

o.k. all points taken into consideration, but all of the above have been done several times. I pay for the phone only because he cannot get a cell phone in his name. I understand that I may be considered crazy for doing such but that is something I must deal with. This is not a question of who pays what. It is my cell phone and the number belongs to me. He did not give her the number, she went and lookled up my personal information to get the number. I have had the number changed several times because of this woman and I have tried contact6ing the phone company to see if i can get her blocked from calling...they told me there is no way of doing this. If this woman really wants to continue to contact him....I feel she should do it another way. Write him a letter, or call him at work. She is calling on my cell phone to spite me. She has also calle dme on my other non-local cell number, which I still do not know how she got that number, but either way I'm am tired of it. I just want to know if there is anything I can do....file charges for harrassment?

H

hexeliebe

Crazy, I'm crazy for feeling so lonely
I'm crazy, crazy for feeling so blue
I knew you'd love me as long as you wanted
And then someday you'd leave me for somebody new
Worry, why do I let myself worry?
Wond'ring what in the world did I do?
Crazy for thinking that my love could hold you
I'm crazy for trying and crazy for crying
And I'm crazy for loving you
Crazy for thinking that my love could hold you
I'm crazy for trying and crazy for crying
And I'm crazy for loving you.

J

JessicaSpalla28

i thought this site was to be able to get help or atleast some good advice

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">