• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arbitration re: LLC Separation Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

settlenow

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

A separation agreement was signed agreeing to binding arbitration. The agreement also states that I will receive quarterly P&L statements and and when the biz makes money I will be paid back the monies owed to me. Well, the P&Ls are thoroughly incorrect - simple math is wrong, figures are incorrect, ommision of proper taxes being paid, miscellaneous expenses and fees paid out, etc. I feel the P&Ls are just made up to suffice the obligation to send them to me.

Question: Since I am receiving untrue and inaccurate financial information on the business and my repayment is based on the accuracy of these documents, can I go to arbitration to show the P&Ls are inadequate and fraudulent and demand full payment now? How can I really know the accurate financial situation of the company?

Any suggestions and or advice greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">