• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Recourse for Bylaw Infractions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jamus

What is the name of your state? This in California.

I am investigating a situation also with respect to a non-proft organization of which I am a voting member, and bylaw infraction.

The current Board of Trustees is ignoring many statues of the current bylaws in trying to pass new bylaws and fashion things according to their plan. The proposed bylaws are preposterous and not being reviewed by a lawyer before being sent to the membership for a vote.

Is there recourse under the law which does not involve personal lawsuit and recall. Can the Board of Trustee be charged with bylaw infraction, in other words? The mechanism for recall is weak and threatened by the pending bylaw revision. Membership lists are not freely available.

It is the view of the more senior members that even the legitimacy of this Board of Trustee can be questioned as their election involved calumny, conspiracy and so on. Campaigning is prohibited by our bylaws.

HomeGuru

jamus said:
What is the name of your state? This in California.

I am investigating a situation also with respect to a non-proft organization of which I am a voting member, and bylaw infraction.

The current Board of Trustees is ignoring many statues of the current bylaws in trying to pass new bylaws and fashion things according to their plan. The proposed bylaws are preposterous and not being reviewed by a lawyer before being sent to the membership for a vote.

Is there recourse under the law which does not involve personal lawsuit and recall. Can the Board of Trustee be charged with bylaw infraction, in other words? The mechanism for recall is weak and threatened by the pending bylaw revision. Membership lists are not freely available.

It is the view of the more senior members that even the legitimacy of this Board of Trustee can be questioned as their election involved calumny, conspiracy and so on. Campaigning is prohibited by our bylaws.
**A: your post is confusing. Where is this organization registered; in the UK or Canada?

J

jamus

State of California, USA

This organization is registered in the State of California. It has voting members world-wide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">