• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Companies refusing my purchase orders because of competitor pressure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GourmetJeff

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
I've opened a competing store close to my former employer. They have put pressure on sales reps from three major companies not to sell to me. I sent purchase orders directly to the companies headquarters to avoid the local reps but have been denied access to there merchandise based on the decision of the local reps. The reps state that my location (1 mile) is to close to a current account and would damage there distribution, however, I could site many cases in malls and cities where they have multiple locations selling there merchandise in even closer proximity. Is this legal? Can they selectively sell to someone and not to another? This could potentially damage my business long term and I wonder if there are any legal rights or options for me to pursue. What type of attorney (field) would best be suited for this matter? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

They have put pressure on sales reps from three major companies not to sell to me.

===================================

My response:

What's your proof of that statement?

IAAL

G

GourmetJeff

One sales rep told me directly over the phone that she was being pressured and had promised my former boss and another said it was his own personal and company policy. The third said he wouldn't sell to me over the phone and I called his national sales manager to explain my situation and he stated he would have to stand with whatever the local rep felt was best. I'm not interested in pursuing anything against the competitors store owner I'm more focused on pursuing losses (loss of sales) against the three major companies for unfair or monopoly trade practices if I'm using the correct terms? They all used the close proximity as there excuse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">