• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

claiming funds as payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ashabar

What is the name of your state? Texas

I have a sole proprietorship where I was basically a middle man for sales through a website. I was to receive a fee on each sale that went through my account. I recently ended my relationship with this client because these fees were not being paid and they demanding that the remaining funds in the account be sent to them. I spoke with a lawyer breifly about this and he said I could file an administrative claim on that money as payment for my services. How do I do this? I was told to go to the Workforce Commission but they did not know what I was talking about. Is this a form I can draw up that basically states that I am claiming that money as payment?

HomeGuru

Ashabar said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I have a sole proprietorship where I was basically a middle man for sales through a website. I was to receive a fee on each sale that went through my account. I recently ended my relationship with this client because these fees were not being paid and they demanding that the remaining funds in the account be sent to them. I spoke with a lawyer breifly about this and he said I could file an administrative claim on that money as payment for my services. How do I do this? I was told to go to the Workforce Commission but they did not know what I was talking about. Is this a form I can draw up that basically states that I am claiming that money as payment?
**A: basically we don't know what you are talking about either. Is this some sort of affiliate marketing website scam? Why not hire that lawyer that you talked to as it appears that only he/she knows.

Ashabar

Is there a way I can explain this in more detail privately? I can't really afford to hire a lawyer....I was hoping to do some of this myself with a little guidance.

HomeGuru

Ashabar said:
Is there a way I can explain this in more detail privately? I can't really afford to hire a lawyer....I was hoping to do some of this myself with a little guidance.
**A: yes of course. Use your private computer and in the privacy of your own home or office post the details here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">