• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance is trying to sue for something that we never did!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rene2129

I live in CA and in April of 2002 my vehicle was broken into and everything out of my glovebox was stolen including my car registration. In August of 2002 I received a notice from a car insurance company (that is not mine) sueing me for over $6,000 for damages. The letter stated their insured had their car parked and a stolen car had hit it. In the stolen car was my registration. This person's insurance states this is their only link to what could have happened by finding my registration. I have never been in accident with this insurance and I surely didn't still a car to do it. The speculation is that whomever broke into my car and stole my registration was the same person that was driving this other stolen car. Can this insurance company really attempt to sue me without any proof other than a registration? By the way, I do have police report for the theft of the valuables in my car. Please advise on what recource I should do with this absurd speculation. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">